I've seen many people ask about turning the heel and picking up gusset stitches while knitting socks two at once on magic loop, so I decided to photograph the process and prepare a little tutorial. Keep in mind that there is more than one way to do it, this is just the way that I
Note: All left and right directions refer to the knitting when the right side is facing you.
1. After knitting both heel flaps, turn the heel of the right sock.
2. Pick up the stitches for the left gusset of the right sock.
3. Turn the heel of the left sock.
4. Pick up the stitches for the left gusset of the left sock.
5. Knit across both insteps.
6. Turn and pull out the "magic loop" between the instep and gusset/heel stitches.
7. Pick up the right gusset of the right sock, leaving the magic loop.
8. Knit across the rest of the right sock gusset/heel stitches.
9. You have finished picking up the gusset of the right sock.
10. Pick up the right gusset of the left sock.
11. Knit across the gusset/heel stitches of the left sock.
12. Ta da! Your heels are turned and your gussets are picked up, continue knitting around like normal, decreasing as desired.