Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So much to blog!

Today I was wondering how my life got so busy all of a sudden, and then I realized it's summer. The weather is nice (well that's debatable...) and suddenly I have all kinds of other things to do besides sit around and knit.

Like hiking on the Harbor Islands, concerts, movies, trips to IKEA, berry picking... But I'm getting ahead of myself.

First off thank you SO MUCH to my amazing SP9! I got my first package over the weekend and she sent me some supercool stuff:



Austermann Step yarn (I really like that stuff!), a pretty sock pattern, star cookie cutters which make me want to make cookies rightnow, and chai. And we all know how much I love chai.

Also the Nagini pattern is up so I can show you my test knit pair.



Knit in Koigu. I didn't take the best picture cuz I was in a hurry to send them off, but there are plenty more in the pattern. The pair I knit turned out a bit short since the Koigu yardage is smaller than most sock yarns, but since it's toe up I was able to use every bit of yarn. It should be fine for a yarn with more yardage.

In a totally non-knitting-related tangent, I saw Tool on Thursday which was awesome. I don't even know now how many times I've seen them but I think this was #5. I did knit on the way there. Then on Friday I went to see the new Harry Potter movie and knit while I waited. Some of my knitting buddies and I are planning on going to one of the big release parties happening around Boston this Friday.

And I also went berry picking this weekend - still not knitting-related, although I did knit there too.



That's blueberries and antihistamine pills since there were mosquitoes and greenheads (biting flies) everywhere and I'm a bit extra allergic to mosquitoes and started swelling up when we'd been there about 10 minutes. I even took pictures of my icky bites but I'll spare you those. I took a little sock knitting break there too:



Then we picked some black raspberries and I exercised my camera's macro.



And we met some sheep!



And last but not least, I've been tagged for the show your sock drawer meme.



That's what's in the drawer at the moment, though not close to all of my socks.

I don't usually tag either, but I told bryghtrose I'd tag her so I will. And why not Catherine and Alexis and Amanda too, if you wanna.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger dragon knitter said...

my son must have the same kind of allergy (mosquito bites). he has one on his leg that ended up being the size of a 50 cent piece! of course, it doens't help that he wouldn't quit rubbing it, and scratching it! he's almost 15, and has fuzzy legs, but can't comprehend how that can make rubbing his bite worse.

4:56 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

yay, you fold your socks together like i do! and it's funny how many people end up with color themed sock drawers. if you ignore the sporty store-bought socks, my drawer looks like a rainbow threw up in there.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Alright, Alright...now that I actually HAVE a sock drawer, I'll take a picture. The only problem is that is shares with my underwear. :) I'll try to not post those halves of the drawers. *wink*

6:07 AM  
Blogger Nichole D. said...

I just picked up some Austermann Step, but have never knit with it...maybe my next pair I'll use that stuff. Oh, and isn't it SP11 now? I am envious of your hand knit sock collection. Mine is limited to one sock at the moment...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

What a great time! I'm allergic to all sorts of bugs too, and I wouldn't go anywhere without layers of DEET. Sure, that stuff is bad, but bugs are worse.

Yay for getting a peek at your sock drawer! Thank you for sharing, I've always wanted to see it.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the package - I'm still trying to get around the whole goodies in warm temps thing. Those berries looked luscious!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

mmm those berries look yummy! It was great meeting you on Monday night - hope to see you around more.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Wow - you've been having fun, that's an adorable sheepie.

Love your sock drawer - all blues & greens, who would have guessed? ;) -zuma

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sock Yarn

    A quest to use sock yarns:

    Yarns I've had:
    * means I really liked it

    4-ply Soft
    A Piece of Vermont*
    Alpafina
    Artsygal*
    Artyarns Supermerino*
    Austermann Step
    BMFA Sock Candy*
    Black Bunny Fibers*
    Brown Sheep Naturespun Sport
    Chinese Mystery sock yarn
    Claudia's Handpaints
    Conjoined Creations Flat Feet
    Crystal Palace Maizy
    CTH Supersock
    Dicentra Designs
    Dorchester Farms
    Fabel
    Fearless Fibers
    Fixation*
    Gloss (KP)
    handspun
    Inspinknity*
    Interlacements Beibi Seda
    Interlacements Tiny Toes
    Interlacements Toasty Toes
    Jarbo Raggi
    JKnits*
    Jojoland Melody
    Koigu*
    Kona Superwash
    KP Essential
    KP Merino
    KP Palette
    Limbo
    Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock*
    Macek Designs
    Madelinetosh
    Magic Stripes
    Mega Boots Stretch
    Microspun
    Nature's Palette
    Noro Kureyon Sock
    Opal
    Panda Cotton
    Paton's Kroy*
    Peru DK
    Peruvian Quechua
    Regia Bamboo*
    Regia Cotton
    Regia Strato*
    Ruby Sapphire
    Sockotta
    Socks That Rock*
    Star (Classic Elite)
    Stitch Jones
    Sunshine Yarns*
    Three Fates Cauldron Sock*
    TOFUtsies
    Trekking*
    Wick
    Wildfoote*
    Wollmeise*
    Wool Ease
    Yarn Pirate*

    In Progress:

    Perchance to Knit
    Regia
    Vesper
    Yarns in the stash:

    All Things Heather
    Ancient Threads
    Apple Laine
    Araucania Ranco
    Artyarns Ultramerino
    Autumn House Farm
    Baby Ull
    Ball and Skein
    Baywood Yarns
    Bearfoot (Mountain Colors)
    Briar Rose Fibers
    Brooklyn Handspun
    Cavyshops Handpaint
    C*eye*ber Fiber
    Cervinia Calzetteria
    CTH Superglitz
    Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks
    Chewy Spaghetti
    Classic Elite Alpaca Sox
    Colinette Cadenza
    Colinette Jitterbug
    Country Classic Yarn for Sox
    Crash Into Ewe
    Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop
    Curious Yarns
    Done Roving
    Dream in Color
    Duet (A Swell Yarn Shop)
    Dye Dreams
    Ellen's Half Pint Farm
    End of the World Farm
    Fashion Trend Sportivo
    The Fiber Denn
    Fleece Artist
    The Flock Bransonas
    Fortissima
    French Hill Farm
    Froehlich Blauband
    Fyberspates
    geeyouknit!
    Gjestal Silja
    Great Adirondack Soxie
    Greenwood Fiberworks
    Jaeger Matchmaker
    Jarbo Mini Raggi
    Jawoll
    Jawoll Cotton
    Just Our Yarn
    Knit Purl Natural Collection
    Kona Superwash
    KP Dancing
    KP Essential Tweed
    Lime & Violet
    Lisa Souza
    Louet Gems Pearl
    Luxe
    Mama Llama
    Merlin the Cat
    Meilenweit Cotton
    Meilenweit Trend
    Mind's Eye Merino/Tencel
    Mirasol Hacho
    Misty Mountain Farm
    The Natural Dye Studio
    Neighborhood Fiber Company
    Over the Rainbow Twinkletoes
    Peterle
    Pigeon Roof Studios
    Pine Woods
    Posh Yarn Lucia
    Prism Saki
    Pucker Brush Farm
    Regia Surf
    Reynolds Swizzle
    Reynolds Soft Sea Wool
    Rio De La Plata
    Royale Hare
    Roz Houseknecht
    Schaefer Anne
    Scout's Swag
    Sheep Shop Wensleydale
    Shelridge Farm
    ShibuiKnits
    Sockenwolle Unipo
    Spirit Trail Fiberworks
    Spunky Eclectic
    Steinbach Wolle Sockenwolle
    Sundara Yarn
    Sweetgeorgia
    Tess Designer Yarns
    Twisted
    The Unique Sheep
    Universal Ditto
    Valley Yarns Franklin
    vanCalcar Acres
    White Oak Studio tvyarn
    Wisdom Yarns Marathon
    Wool in the Woods
    The Woolen Rabbit
    Yarn Botanika Radiance
    Yarntini
    Ysolda Yarn
    Zen Yarn Garden


    To check out:

    Pippikneesocks
    Sophie's Toes
    The Spinning Bunny Yarns BFL

WIPs and FOs