The past week has held a lot of finishing!
First, I quickly knit a Dalek for my coworker:
Yarn: Cascade Heathers in 2453 and 4002
Then I put the finishing touches on these socks, which I started far too long ago!
Pattern: (Black)hearted by me!
Yarn: Shibui Knits Sock in Blossom
And, of course, I had to finish my cowl for the Purlygirls Cowl Swap!
Pattern: Modish Cowl
Yarn: Ultra Alpaca
Plus I squeezed in a little bit of time to work with my CSM. I did some fiddling to get the ribber to work (had to adjust the height and timing) and made a scrap tube with one purled stitch. Since I didn't feel quite ready to make ribbing on my first socks, I decided to do a hem top, since hanging a hem seemed pretty easy, and it was!
It was a little more tricky to switch from the finished toe back to waste yarn, and for some reason I dropped several stitches trying. But I was able to do a couple quick cranks with waste yarn, and then pick the stitches up while getting ready to graft on knitting needles. And so I completed my very first sock successfully! Unfortunately I think the 72 stitch cylinder is going to be too large to make socks for me. I'll grab some of my slightly heavier yarn and try the 54 stitch cylinder next time!